Senior Research Analyst
EARL REGNIER SALINAS CAOILE
17F/1703 Panorama Bldg, Hamdan Bin Mohammed St.,
Abu Dhabi, UAE
SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST/WRITER
Experienced professional with more than three (3) years providing service and support to the Operations Division of the Headquarters Philippine Army. Possesses confidence and patience to effectively communicate with key officials and counterparts from other units, offices and institutions. Highly skilled in planning, managing and directing business and personal affairs for high-level personalities and top brass military officials. Recognized for superior business acumen – poised in high pressure, fast-paced working environments. Utilizes project management principles to independently plan and direct high-level business affairs. Superior multi-tasking ability allows for troubleshooting while using computer applications, maintaining a professional demeanor, researching, and resolving issues. Self-motivated, exercises sensible judgement; highly organized and detailed oriented with a proven ability to meet deadline. Additional core competencies include:
- Qualitative Research
- Executive Office Management
- Technical Writing
- Meeting and Special Event Planning
- Document Management
- Client Communications
- Confidential Correspondence
- Liaison Affairs
- Relationship Management
- Online and Social Media Relations
- Speech Writing
- Content Development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST/WRITER
OFFICE OF THE ASST CHIEF OF STAFF FOR OPERATIONS, G3, PHIL ARMY Mar 2013 – Jul 2016
Fort Andres Bonifacio, Taguig City, Philippines
Provided a wide range of support by proactively identifying client’s needs and pursued appropriate resources to alleviate deliverables.
- Exercised professional demeanor and diplomacy with challenging engagements; achieved and ensured satisfactory resolution to data requests from higher departments.
- Maintained composure, worked efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Consistently met and/or exceeded project timeline and quality levels for the duration during tenure with the Philippine Army. Recognized by the management for providing exemplary service: received certificate, monetary, incentives and recognition awards.
- Helmed the concept development of information briefings for local and foreign visitors and dignitaries.
- Devised an efficient data-entry system/database to beef up the monitoring of operational documents and other reference materials for uniformed personnel conducting research and attending military schooling.
- Liaised closely with the office handling Civil-Military Operations in order to come up with a newsletter with other civilian employees as its Editorial Staff; sourced and wrote feature articles, build rapport with the Public Affairs Office and contributed in executing PR campaigns and press releases of the Army.
- Published five (5) documentation projects in a span of two years under the direction of a new supervisor; include conduct of key informant interviews, field visits, writing, editing, proofreading, copyediting, layouting, and coordination with select publishing house.
- Expedited the crafting of the Semi-Annual and Annual Accomplishment Reports of the Department, reducing the completion of report set by the Higher Headquarters which is from two (2) months to three (3) weeks.
- Tasked to provide program assessment for a landmark organizational training and team lead in revising its program concept for CY 2015 and 2016.
- Entrusted in preparing the annual data and inputs submitted to the Office of the President of the Philippines delivered during State of the Nation Address since CY 2013.
- Designated by the head of the office to serve as speech writer for various engagements.
- Assigned to enhance the recruitment process of additional personnel for the office.
- Promoted to position of Senior Research Analyst after one year of employment; assisted other employees and contributed training of new hires.
NIPPON HOSO KYOKAI/JAPAN BROADCASTING CORPORTATION Apr – May 2012
Baguio City, Benguet, Philippines
Handpicked and highly recommended by the Faculty of the College of Social Sciences, University of the Philippines Baguio to work for the documentation project of the Japan Broadcasting Corporation on the World War II survivors in the hinterlands.
- Managed a dynamic staff and directed the research team in developing the interview schedule and selecting key informants for one-on-one interview/focus group discussion.
- Established a project management plan to direct the schedule of activities and meet the given timeline of the client.
- Fast-tracked delivery of daily interview transcriptions, reducing average transcription turnaround time by 15%
Post Graduate Studies (unfinished; 6 units completed)
M ASEAN Studies
Faculty of Management and Development Studies, University of the Philippines Open University
August – December 2015
BA Social Sciences (Major in History, Minor in Political Science)
College of Social Sciences, University of the Philippines Baguio
June 2008 – April 2013
TRAININGS, SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES ATTENDED / CERTIFICATIONS
- Philippine Army Force-Oriented Cost Information System (FOCIS) Refresher Training – Phase I (October 2013)
- Philippine Army Strategic Assessment Process Training Workshop (September 2013)
- Philippine Army Force-Oriented Cost Information System (FOCIS) Refresher Training – Phase II (June 2013)
- Lecture on Deconstructing Development Psychology; Dr Erica Burman; University of the Philippines (December 2011)
- Northern Luzon Reflective Dialogue; Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (March 2010)
- Integrated Sangguniang Kabataan Organizational Leadership and Re-orientation – Basic Orientation Seminar (ISKOLAR-BOS); Department of Interior and Local Government (April 2008)
- Career Service Professional; Philippine Civil Service Commission (December 2015)
- Non-Professional Philippine Driving License (2014)
- Philippine Army Counterinsurgency, By the Numbers; Member, Project Management Team, OG3, Philippine Army (2015)
- Countering Pintakasi and Whirlwind Techniques: The “TABAK” Experience; Member, Project Management Team, OG3, Philippine Army (2015)
- Breaching the NPA’s Invincible Fortress in Bicol; Member, Project Management Team, OG3, Philippine Army (2015)
- Detection and Prevention TTPs to Counter IEDs; Member, Project Management Team, OG3, Philippine Army (2014)
- Transportation, History and Change: An Institutional History of El-Ferrocarril de Manila a Dagupan and the Socio-Economic Development of Dagupan City (1892-1935); Undergraduate Thesis (2013)
June 2008/April 2013
BA Social Sciences (History-Political Science) at University of the Philippines Baguio
March 2013/July 2016
Senior Research Analyst at Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations, G3, Philippine Army
April 2012/May 2012
Field Researcher at Nippon Hoso Kyokai (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)